Almond Flour Pizza Crust Recipe
Low carb almond crust pizza you can enjoy at home.
Makes : 4 servings
Preparing Time : 15 minutes
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 300 g mozzarella, shredded
- 430 g almonds, blanched
- 50 g olive oil
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 g tomato sauce
- 100 g pepperoni
- Add the almonds and the thyme to the KitchenAid Power blender, mix on speed 5 until the almonds have pulverised into flour.
- Put the olive oil and eggs into a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the Wire Whip. Mix on speed 4 for 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a different bowl, add the almond flour, flour, baking powder, salt and black pepper. Attach the Flat Beater to the stand mixer and mix on speed 4.
- Gently stream in the oil mixture. Mix until a dough has formed. Put the ball of dough onto a sheet of baking paper. Brush the top of the dough with some olive oil. Cover with a second sheet of baking paper.
- Roll out the dough. Trim the edges if necessary and transfer to a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes in a 180°C preheated oven.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the pizza, sprinkle the cheese over the crust and top off with the pepperoni. Bake for 10 minutes on 180°C until the cheese starts to brown.
Discover recipes just for you
Join our community of passionate cooks for news, recipes and endless inspiration.
Get exclusive offers on KitchenAid® appliances
Looking to save on great appliances? KitchenAid offers promotions on both large and small kitchen essentials so you can get top quality for less.