Chai Spiced Carrot Cake With Crystalized Ginger Icing Recipe
Upgrade your love for Chai.
Crystalized Ginger Icing
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup crystalized ginger
- 2 cups grated carrots (6-7)
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 and 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 tablespoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place cream cheese, butter and half and half in blender. Add confectioners sugar 1 cup at a time on speed 4 (puree) scraping down sides, if needed. Add crystalized ginger and pulse on speed 2 (chop) 6-7 times. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Mix carrots, sugars, eggs and oil in bowl of KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Blend on setting 3 for 1 minute.
- Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl. whisk to combine. Add to carrot mixture and mix on setting 3 for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes until tester comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool before icing.
- Ice cake and serve immediately. Can be made ahead and stored in refrigerator 6 hours.
Discover recipes just for you
Join our community of passionate cooks for news, recipes and endless inspiration.
Get exclusive offers on KitchenAid® appliances
Looking to save on great appliances? KitchenAid offers promotions on both large and small kitchen essentials so you can get top quality for less.