- 30 ounces chickpeas (2 cans, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup Tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup water (divided)
- Place all ingredients in the blender jar. Secure lid and turn dial to Speed 1. Blend on Speed 1 until paste-like consistency, then slowly increase speed to medium (Speed 5). Blend until texture is very smooth, using the tamper to push down chickpeas, until chickpeas are paste-like, about 1 minute.
- Blend in up to a ¼ cup more water, as needed, to achieve desired consistency. Taste and adjust with salt, if needed.
- Serve immediately, or store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- VARIATION: Roasted garlic hummus: Use 3 tablespoons roasted garlic in place of raw garlic. Proceed as directed.
- VARIATION: Kalamata olive hummus: Add ¼ cup pitted and chopped Kalamata olives with tahini. Proceed as directed.
- VARIATION: Roasted red pepper hummus: Add ¼ cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers with tahini. Proceed as directed.
Discover recipes just for you
Join our community of passionate cooks for news, recipes and endless inspiration.
Get exclusive offers on KitchenAid® appliances
Looking to save on great appliances? KitchenAid offers promotions on both large and small kitchen essentials so you can get top quality for less.