Silky Tortilla Soup Recipe
Making your health power.
Makes : 5 servings
Preparing Time : 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 - 14.5 oz. can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1-12 oz jar salsa
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 3 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced fresh jalepeno peppers
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heave skillet. Add garlic, onions, jalepeno and red pepper flakes. Sauté 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer garlic, onion and pepper mixture to blender. Add vegetable stock, tomatoes, salsa and black beans. Pulse on speed 3 (mix) 6-7 times until almost pureed.
- Pour mixture into stock pot and simmer on medium heat 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy skillet. Fry tortilla chips until crisp. Drain on paper towel until ready to use.
- Ladle soup into 5 bowls. Top with shredded chicken, tortilla strips, cheese and fresh peppers, if desired.
Discover recipes just for you
Join our community of passionate cooks for news, recipes and endless inspiration.
Get exclusive offers on KitchenAid® appliances
Looking to save on great appliances? KitchenAid offers promotions on both large and small kitchen essentials so you can get top quality for less.