Vanilla Butter Cake Recipe
Dive into the fluffiness!
Ingredients (6-inch round cakes)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened plus 1 teaspoon for greasing pans
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 cup all purpose flour plus 1 teaspoon for greasing pans
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease two 6-inch round baking pans with 1 teaspoon butter, then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon flour, shaking out excess. Set aside.
- Attach flat beater to KitchenAid® Artisan® Mini Stand Mixer. Add softened butter and sugar to mixer bowl, turn to speed 2, and mix 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually increase to speed 6 and beat until light and fluffy. Reduce to speed 4 and add eggs, one at a time until well incorporated.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder. Add flour mixture to stand mixer bowl, mixing on speed 2 until just combined. Add half of milk and vanilla and mix to combine. Scrape down bowl and add remaining milk. Mix on speed 4, 1 to 2 minutes until completely blended.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared cake pans and bake 25-35 minutes until cakes spring back when pressed lightly and begin to pull away from sides of pans. Remove from oven and let cool on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool completely.
- Finish cake with your favorite icing and serve.
- Serves 4
Discover recipes just for you
Join our community of passionate cooks for news, recipes and endless inspiration.
Get exclusive offers on KitchenAid® appliances
Looking to save on great appliances? KitchenAid offers promotions on both large and small kitchen essentials so you can get top quality for less.