Blackberry Cupcakes Recipe
The perfect treat for weekend.
Ingredients (For 12 cupcakes)
- 2 cups blackberries, mashed and strained to remove seeds
- 1 tablespoons milk
- 113 g sugar
- 55 g salted butter, softened
- 1/2 vanilla bean, seed scraped or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large eggs
- 150 g all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 35 g salted butter, softened
- 100 g cream cheese
- 50 g confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Line cupcake pans with paper or foil liners.
- Measure 2/3 cup (3.5 quart mixers), 4/3 cups (5 quart mixers), or 2 cups (7 quart mixers) of strained blackberries into a separate container. Combine with milk and set aside. Reserve remaining mashed blackberries for decoration.
- Attach at beater to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Add butter and sugar to bowl and turn mixer to speed 4, beating until light and uffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl, add vanilla seeds or vanilla extract and mix on speed 4, blending until combined, about 30 seconds. Continuing on speed 4, add eggs one at a time, beating until well blended.
- Combine flour and baking soda. Turn mixer to Stir speed and add reserved blackberry and milk mixture, blending just until incorporated. Continuing on Stir speed, add our mixture, mixing just until blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans, lling each cup about 2⁄3 full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes then remove and cool completely on wire racks. When cool frost with cream cheese frosting and decorate with remaining sieved blackberries.
- To make frosting, attach at beater to mixer and add butter and cream cheese. Turn mixer to speed 4 and beat until creamy. Scrape down sides of bowl, add confectioners sugar and mix on Stir speed until combined. Gradually increase to speed 6 and beat until light and fluffy.
- Makes 12 cupcakes.
Cafe Buttercream Frosting
- 240 g- unsalted butter, room temperature
- 250 g- confectioner's sugar
- 30 ml- coffee concentrate
- In a medium bowl, add the butter and start to whip with a hand mixer on medium speed for 1 min.
- Add confectioners sugar 1/2 cup at a time, continuing to whip. Add coffee concentrate and blend well. Ready to use immediately or refrigerate for later use.
Discover recipes just for you
Join our community of passionate cooks for news, recipes and endless inspiration.
Get exclusive offers on KitchenAid® appliances
Looking to save on great appliances? KitchenAid offers promotions on both large and small kitchen essentials so you can get top quality for less.