Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
You can't say no to chocolate!
Ingredients (For 10 cookies)
- 60 g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 60 g packed light brown sugar
- 30 mL plus 5 mL granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 mL vanilla
- 65 g plus 15 g unbleached all-purpose flour
- 15 g rolled oats
- 2 mL sea salt
- 2 mL baking soda
- 75 g bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line baking pans with parchment paper.
- Attach flat beater to KitchenAid® Artisan® Mini Stand Mixer. Add cubed butter and both sugars to mixer bowl, turn mixer to Stir speed for 1 minute, gradually increasing to speed 4 for 1 to 2 minutes longer. Do not over mix, cookie dough should remain cold. Scrape down sides of bowl, add eggs and vanilla and mix on speed 4 until combined, about 1 minute.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, oats, salt and baking soda. Add flour mixture to stand mixer bowl and mix on Stir speed until all flour is incorporated. Add chocolate chips and mix on Stir speed until chips are mixed in.
- Drop about 35 mL of dough per cookie on prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake until bottoms are golden brown, about 10 to12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking time. Remove from oven and let rest 3 to 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool. Let baking sheets cool completely before baking the remaining dough.
- Makes 10 cookies.
Discover recipes just for you
Join our community of passionate cooks for news, recipes and endless inspiration.
Get exclusive offers on KitchenAid® appliances
Looking to save on great appliances? KitchenAid offers promotions on both large and small kitchen essentials so you can get top quality for less.