Coffee Mocha Cupcake with Cafe Frosting Recipe
Your favourite cupcake, with a kick of coffee.
Makes : 24-27 servings.
Portion Size : 1 cup cake
Prep Time : 10 min.
Cook Time : 15 min.
- 400 g- granulated sugar
- 210 g- all-purpose flour
- 75 g- unsweetened cocoa powder
- 7 g- baking powder
- 7 g- baking soda
- 6 g- kosher salt
- 2 - large eggs
- 240 ml- whole milk
- 120 ml- vegetable oil
- 10 ml- vanilla extract
- 180 ml- boiling water
- 40 ml- coffee concentrate
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. set aside.
- To the bowl, add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Using a hand mixer, beat on medium for 1 min. With a large spoon or spatula, stir in boiling water and coffee. Batter will be thin.
- Fill liners 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 15-17 min. Remove cupcakes from tin to a wire rack to cool. Cool completely before frosting.
Cafe Buttercream Frosting
- 240 g- unsalted butter, room temperature
- 250 g- confectioner's sugar
- 30 ml- coffee concentrate
- In a medium bowl, add the butter and start to whip with a hand mixer on medium speed for 1 min.
- Add confectioners sugar 1/2 cup at a time, continuing to whip. Add coffee concentrate and blend well. Ready to use immediately or refrigerate for later use.
Discover recipes just for you
Join our community of passionate cooks for news, recipes and endless inspiration.
Get exclusive offers on KitchenAid® appliances
Looking to save on great appliances? KitchenAid offers promotions on both large and small kitchen essentials so you can get top quality for less.
Plan your visit
Visit the KitchenAid Experience® Retail Center and discover what makes the KitchenAid Brand a special one.