Lemon & Lime Tart Recipe
A classic french preparation with a delicious flavour.
- 225g all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sifted confectioners sugar
- 125g chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1-3 teaspoons ice cold water
- 80mL fresh lemon juice (approx. 2 lemons)
- 80mL fresh lime juice (approx. 4-5 limes)
- 5 large eggs
- 220g caster sugar
- 200mL heavy cream
- Attach multipurpose blade to KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor. Add flour and confectioners sugar to work bowl. Pulse 2 to 3 times to mix.
- Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add egg yolk and 1 teaspoon of water and pulse until mixture just forms a ball.
- Add remaining water if necessary to bring mixture together.
- Turn pastry onto a lightly floured surface and gently form a disc, making sure to not overwork. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes..
- Lightly grease 25cm round loose-bottomed tart pan. Roll pastry into a circle large enough to fit the pan.
- Gently ease dough into tart pan and trim excess from edges.
- Prick base 12 times with a fork. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Discover recipes just for you
Join our community of passionate cooks for news, recipes and endless inspiration.
Get exclusive offers on KitchenAid® appliances
Looking to save on great appliances? KitchenAid offers promotions on both large and small kitchen essentials so you can get top quality for less.